Confirmed Scam

When people began reporting scams and questioned the validity of the site, the owner claimed he had personally received PayPal's express permission to use their name and logo.

Everything about the operation set my BS radar off, so I was not surprised to see the scam reports. As he tried to ride the coattails of the trusted PayPal name to legitimize himself, that radar went crazy.

So I asked PayPal:

"There are scam reports on this website and the owner is claiming they received your express permission to use PayPal's name in their domain and business name, and PayPal's logo. Please advise if this is true, approved by PayPal or a scam."

Their response read, in part:

"You're right - it was a phishing attempt, and we're working on stopping the fraud. By reporting the problem, you've made a difference!

Identity thieves try to trick you into revealing your password or other personal information through phishing emails and fake websites."

There you go, confirmed scam.

Had an Experience with WeUsePayPal?

Comments

Challenge: accepted. I sent in two emails to spoof@paypal.com - one asking about an established site I know is legit (newegg)and one about weusepaypal to see what they said about fraud.

First I got an email saying they'd check it out, then I got one basically saying there was no reason to suspect the legit site and one saying weusepaypal is a scam site.

Obviously, they don't send the same email about everything. I wasn't surprised.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #765535

Their response read, in part:

Send in any email to them and you will get a response that says just that. This website is completely legit and the operator was really nice. There are other sites just like weusepaypal but none are as quick or cheap.

Peewee,

I sent spoof@paypal.com an email about the situation, and I came to the conclusion that what you received was an automated, generic email. I received that exact quote as a response to an email I sent, and that response makes absolutely zero sense in the context of my email.

Again, please contact me at info@weusepaypal.com if you have any questions or would like for me to prove to you the legitimacy of my website. Thanks.

Austin, Texas, United States #741903

I have a screenshot of PayPal's email, but the site wouldn't let me upload it. That is a direct copy and paste. I guarantee anyone who asks PayPal gets the same exact reply. Send an inquiry to spoof@paypal.com for yourself and see what they say.

How dare you try to put me on the defensive to take the focus off YOUR lies. I have no reason to lie. Just hate people trying to take advantage of others.

You're ridiculous.

to peewee #741911

Peewee,

If you would like to contact me personally, I can easily prove that my website is legitimate. I simply said I doubted the validity of the quote, because WeUsePayPal is NOT a scam. It is surprising that PayPal would jump to such a conclusion when I have been in close contact over the past few months with their compliance team to receive approval for my website.

I would really appreciate it if you contacted me at info@weusepaypal.com so that I may prove my legitimacy. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't. You've never made a purchase on my website, so how would you know? I will show you. I am just a normal guy trying to make a living, not some creepy scam artist. I offer a legitimate service to people.

I would never take advantage of others, I was raised differently. Contact me by email.

Thanks,

WeUsePayPal

Also, feel free to contact me at info@weusepaypal.com instead of posting lies around the web.

WeUsePayPal

You are completely wrong. For one, WeUsePayPal is not a scam and is not an attempt to ride the coattails of the trusted PayPal name. It is simply a description of the services offered. Additionally, I stated that I had requested PayPal's approval for my domain and website, not that I received their "express permission."

I am rather surprised PayPal would tell you that it is a phishing attempt, I have to doubt the validity of that quote. That is completely incorrect.

It is funny how every single complaint is from someone who has never used my website before. This is honestly ridiculous. My website is 100% legitimate.

I am disappointed that people can blatantly tell such lies.

to WeUsePayPal Venice, Florida, United States #1129351

Please explain all off the great reviews you have gotten and even the ones with the pictures on them on your site.When you google search the photo it comes up as a totally different person.that just proves you are shady.some of your reviews that you paid for are pretty funny though.